BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Starting Thursday, a local father will travel from Syracuse by bicycle in order to raise awareness of his son’s condition.
Anthony Parisi will make the 200-mile trek back home with a plan to average about 50 miles a day. This long journey is in honor of his four-year-old son, James, who has congenital muscular dystrophy.
James lacks a certain protein that helps with muscle development, his father told us on Wake Up. In order to help support his muscles, James uses a wheelchair.
You can hear more of their story in the video above.
- Is a used electric vehicle a bargain or a trap?
- Video shows Florida helicopter crew rescuing man, grandmother from Sanibel Island
- Dolphins QB’s injury raises concerns among former NFL players
- Butter, garage doors and SUVs: Why shortages remain common 2½ years into the pandemic
- United Airlines cutting 12 routes from several major air hubs
Chris Horvatits is an award-winning reporter who started working at WIVB in 2017. A Lancaster native, he came to Buffalo after working at stations in Rochester and Watertown. See more of his work here and follow him on Twitter.