BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Meet Hugo! He’s up for adoption through Buddy’s Second Chance Rescue.
While with us Thursday morning on Wake Up! Julie Starr from the animal rescue revealed their plans to expand.
With a 14,000-square-foot building on N. French Road in Amherst, Buddy’s Rescue is planning to have a doggy day care and adoption center opened by fall. In addition to that, the plan is to rent out space for groomers and trainers, and allow vendors to sell dog-related goods.
Starr is passionate about saving dogs with medical needs, which she says can be hard for a non-profit organization. But this will hopefully help bring more money in, allowing these animals to get the specific care they need.
Watch the interview above to learn more, and click/tap here to find out how Hugo can become part of your family.
- Federal judge blocks Tennessee law restricting drag shows, says legislature ‘missed the mark’
- Most reliable, longest-lasting SUVs
- Deadly storms, tornadoes cause devastation in the South and Midwest: ‘Feels like a warzone’
- Pope Francis, after leaving the hospital, praises medical workers and signs boy’s cast
- Does climate change boost tornado activity?
Melanie Orlins is an anchor and reporter who has been part of the News 4 team since 2017. See more of her work here.