BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — As we get into the winter months, many people are in great need of warm clothing.
Nyla Moore (12), joined Wake Up! to discuss her “Warm Hugs for the Homeless” campaign. She started doing this when she was just eight years old, after she said her late mother came to her in a dream.
“I woke up one night and I was just like, ‘my mom talked to me and told me I needed to do something to change the world,’ Nyla Moore said. “So I decided the best thing for me to do would be to help the homeless. So as the years went by, I decided to do it again, with warm clothes over the winter.”
She’s asking you donate warm winter gear from now until December 16th, to the following locations:
- All four Paula’s Donuts locations
- Maurice Tailors in Tonawanda
- The Lake Shore Savings Kenmore Branch
- Wurlitzer Pizza/Jamie’s Ice Cream in North Tonawanda
All donations go to the Salvation Army here in Buffalo.
View the full segment above.
- Residents have concerns about Buffalo snowstorm cleanup
- Sheriff’s office releases images of clothing worn in 2021 Chautauqua County skeletal remains case
- Look who made People mag’s ‘People of the Year’
- Air marshals rerouted to southern border amid migrant surge
- Team Jacob or Edward? ‘Twilight’ films coming back to theaters