Closings 4 You Registration
The form below is for administrators to register their organization to appear on-air and online when closed or delayed.
To register your school or business for Closings 4 You fill out the form below. All fields are required.
- This registration form needs to be processed in order for you to be in our database.
- You will be notified by e-mail once we verify your information with your instructions and security codes. NOTE: If you are requesting a new login during an ongoing severe weather event, due to other priorities related to broadcasting during severe weather, we cannot guarantee we will be able to answer your request until the weather event is over.
- Closings must be limited to only the most important facilities during emergencies. Only schools, government and road closings appear on our broadcasts during severe storms. Other categories, such as businesses, activities and organizations will appear online at WIVB.com.
- The system will re-set at night, so if you will need a listing for multiple days you must re-submit the closing prompts by telephone or Internet.
- Listings must be limited to day care facilities with more than 20 children registered at any one time and businesses with more than 50 employees.
- Keep your closing information in a secure location but one that is accessible to you during an emergency situation.
Get breaking news and weather alerts on your cell phone.
Having trouble? Here are some hints.
How do I sign up? Fill out the form below.
Changed your phone number? You will need to register below for a new account. If you've previously registered using your email address and are receiving an error, simply leave Email Address blank in your new registration below. You cannot change your phone number on an existing subscription, instead, just resister for a new account.
I'm not receiving my text alerts or login PIN to make changes. Text UPDATE to 36729 to resolve issues.
I changed my cell phone provider and am not receiving my alerts. Text UPDATE to 36729 to correct.
Want to cancel ALL alerts? Text STOP to 36729.
Want to make changes to your alert subscriptions? Login below or text HELP to 36729 for more options.
If you receive the error message Please log in to update your subscriptions, it means the phone number is already in the system. Please click on "Change your alerts" in the form below.
Is there a fee? WIVB.com does not charge for this service.
No purchase necessary. However, message & data rates may apply from your mobile provider. Check with your mobile provider for charges and plans.
When will I get the alerts? You will receive breaking news and severe weather alerts as soon as they are issued. You may receive up to 31 msgs/mo for the Daily Forecast.
Please keep in mind that the total number of alerts you receive will depend on how many alerts you select. All alert offerings are reoccurring.
Marketing text messages will be delivered to the phone number you provide at opt-in. If you would like to discontinue all text alert subscriptions, text STOP to 36729. Text HELP for help.