- Northern Erie, including the cities of Buffalo and Niagara Falls, northern Erie, Niagara, Orleans, GeneseeAllegany, Cattaraugus, Wyoming – Now until Thursday at 1 a.m.
- Chautauqua, Southern Erie – Now until Thursday at 4 a.m.
LAKESHORE FLOOD ADVISORY
- From Buffalo to Ripley Now until 7:00 p.m. Wednesday. A seiche on Lake Erie could result in minor flooding in low-lying areas.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY
- Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Wyoming, Southern Erie (south of Route 20A) – Wednesday at 4 p.m. to Thursday at 1 p.m
Lake Effect snow continues tonight for the Southern Tier, Boston Hills, and along the Chautauqua escarpment with heavy lake snow possible at times. Several inches of accumulation is expected now through the overnight hours. The highest amounts will be likely for the higher elevations and the hills.
With wind gusts still ranging as high as 50 mph overnight, blowing snow is also a hazardous weather feature to pay close attention to. Lows will be dropping into he chilly upper 20’s and lower 30’s.
Thursday will start of with some lingering lake snow showers south, but taper off quickly. Blowing snow will still be a factor for the majority of the day with wind gusts as high as 35 mph at times. Highs will only be climbing into the mid 30’s for most of western New York.
TONIGHT: Strong gusts tonight, breaks in the clouds metro north, lake effect snow along Cattaraugus Creek, and S. Tier, accumulating 4-7″, 23 valleys, 30 lakeshore, wind W 20-30 gusts to 45-50 mph.
THURSDAY: Very windy Thursday, lake snow rapidly winds down, 2 inches or less, sun breaks out in the metro, 32 hills, 39 lakeshore, W 15-30 gusts to 40 mph diminishing to 10-18 mph pm.
FRIDAY: Milder, Mostly to Partly Cloudy, High: 48, Low: 43
SATURDAY: Windy, Scattered Light Rain Showers, not a washout, maybe some late day breaks in the clouds, High: 53, Low: 25
SUNDAY: Brisk Breeze, Partly to Mostly Sunny, High: 37, Low: 32
MONDAY: Increasing Clouds, High: 40, Low: 29
TUESDAY: Windy, Turning Colder during the day, Mix changes to Snow, High: 44, Low: 23
Latest Local News
Latest National News
- PHOTOS: Semi-truck crashes, hangs from bridge and catches fire
- WATCH: Massive dust storm swallows town in western Kansas
- Man arrested in fatal shooting of Migos rapper Takeoff
- Disney confirms Splash Mountain closing date ahead of ‘Princess and the Frog’ re-imagining
- Drew Brees wasn’t struck by lightning; viral video turns out to be a publicity stunt
Watch News 4 any time by clicking here.